Our Commitment to You
Welcome to baddee.com, a social media network where businesses can create & share their products and services using our online shopping mall. The baddee.com service is operated by Couch Lifestyle Australia. (’baddee.com‘), and consists of the baddee.com Web sites and other features and services offered by baddee.com and its corporate affiliates in connection with the sites, such as e-mail and instant messaging (collectively the ’baddee.com Service‘).
- We give you choices about the personally identifiable information you share with baddee.com and other baddee.com users.
- You can end your membership at any time.
- baddee.com does not spam.
Information Collected On the baddee.com Service
We collect the following types of information about you when you use the baddee.com Service:
- Information provided by you. We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address, when you register to become a baddee.com member. This information is needed to set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to submit or incorporate additional information, such as your age, your hobbies and interests, as well as other content, such as photos, music and videos.
- Information collected automatically. baddee.com receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from your computer when you use the baddee.com Service. This information includes information from cookies (which are described below), your IP address and browser type. Your IP address is the unique address of your computer which is automatically provided to other computers when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those computers on the Internet. We also collect information about how you use the baddee.com Service, including information about the features you use and where you go on the Service.
- Information about you as a baddee.com member may be supplemented with additional information, including publicly-available information and information from other companies.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We use this information in order to operate the baddee.com Service and improve your experience:
- We will display your personally identifiable information on your profile according to the preferences you set. We will use your name so that you are recognisable on our database and so that we can personalize your experience. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are. You can control the types and frequencies of certain emails you receive in your email preferences.
- We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address, information stored via cookies, and information about how you use the baddee.com Service to develop statistics and aggregate information about the number of people who visit the baddee.com Service and to customise baddee.com’s content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve the baddee.com Service and better serve our users.
- Advertisements that appear on the baddee.com Service are delivered to you by baddee.com’s advertising affiliates, partners and service providers. baddee.com may transfer information about you and your use of baddee.com, such as your IP address, information stored via cookies, and other demographic information about you, to our advertising affiliates (such as Advertising.com), partners (including Yahoo! and its affiliates) and other third parties. This information may be used to provide advertising, promotions and other products and services that may be of particular interest to you. It may also be used to provide you with a tailored choice of content and media products. Please refer to the Cookies section below to find out about the choices that baddee.com offers in connection with advertising targeting.
- Our advertising and promotions partners have no access to your name or personal contact information stored by baddee.com unless you choose to share it with them. baddee.com does not provide your name or personal contact information to an advertising partner when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. Such third party entities will be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us.
- Personally identifiable information about you as a baddee.com user, including the contents of your online communications, may be accessed or disclosed in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); in other circumstances in which baddee.com believes the baddee.com service is being used in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary either to protect the rights or property of baddee.com and its affiliates, or for us to render the service you have requested.
- Personally identifiable information collected in connection with your use of the baddee.com Service may be stored in the United States, or other countries where baddee.com or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. baddee.com adheres to the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data transferred from the European Union. By using the baddee.com Service, you expressly agree to the transfer to the United States and elsewhere of the personally identifiable information you provide baddee.com. By publicly posting information on the baddee.com Service, you also certify that your posting conforms with all local data protection laws.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about baddee.com, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit baddee.com. baddee.com stores and only uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may submit a request that we remove this information from our database via Contact Us; remove requests of this nature will be completed within 30 days.
Collection of Information On Other Sites
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by baddee.com.
baddee.com contains links to other sites and services that are not owned or controlled by baddee.com, including baddee.com affiliates (e.g. AIM). Please be aware that these sites have their own privacy policies and that baddee.com is not responsible for their privacy practices. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information.
We post customer testimonials on baddee.com which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name. We obtain your prior consent to post your name along with your testimonial.
- baddee.com may link information stored in cookies such as your age, gender and country with your personally identifiable information and we may use such information to gather statistics about the number of people who visit baddee.com and to customize baddee.com’s content, layout and services for delivery to you.
You control who sees your profile information on baddee.com
- Your profile information on the baddee.com Service will only be shared with people you have specifically agreed to share such information with, and to other members of groups (such as universities) you choose to belong to. You can limit who can view certain personal information, such as email addresses and phone numbers. Please bear in mind that if you choose to share your personal information (including any comments, videos, photos or any other information) to other people on baddee.com, you do so at your own risk. baddee.com recommends that you don't share your personal contact information.
- You can choose to make your profile visible to non-members of baddee.com by editing your profile and opting in to accessible profile.
- For users under the age of 18, the default setting for profiles is private.
Sharing Information with Applications Providers
baddee.com allows you to share your profile or other baddee.com information with applications created by third parties.
- These third party applications providers have their own privacy policies and terms for how they use the information you’ve chosen to share with them.
- While baddee.com has Policies and Guidelines for these providers, we can’t control how they may use your information - and so you should review these application providers’ policies carefully.
Reviewing, deleting and changing your Profile
You can review, delete, correct and revise your privacy settings and personal profile, including who has access to your personal profile in your account at any time or contact us for assistance via the Contact Us page; requests of this nature will be completed within 30 days.
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, weblogs, message boards and forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. baddee.com recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
- Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use baddee.com and must not attempt to register with baddee.com and/or submit any personal information to us. baddee.com does not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us via the Contact Us page, and we will delete any such information.
- We recommend that children between the ages of 13 and 17 should not send any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet without asking their parents or legal guardians for permission beforehand. baddee.com is a member of the working party involved in the drafting of the UK Home Offices Good practice guidance for the providers of social networking and user interactive services 2007.
Security and confidentiality
- baddee.com uses a variety of safeguards to help protect your personal information, including technical, administrative and physical controls. Please bear in mind though, that it is impossible for baddee.com to guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place. For example, we cannot control any illegal and/or unforeseen activity of other users that may allow them to get around the privacy or security settings on baddee.com. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorised persons.
- The security of your personal information depends in part on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people.
- We limit access to your personal information only to employees that we authorize to access that information in order to do their jobs in connection with the baddee.com service.
- If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the security of our website, please contact us via the Contact Us page.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Additionally, we may send registered users an email notifying you of the change. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHALL STOP USING THE baddee.com SERVICE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE baddee.com SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR ON OUR WEBSITE OR BLOG OR RECEIVING OUR EMAIL NOTIFYING YOU OF THE CHANGE WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
You always have the option to cancel your membership at any time. If you are a member and no longer wish to participate in baddee.com you can sign in to the site and click on the My Account at the top of the page; then select cancel membership and follow the simple instructions.
baddee.com may be co-branded with our affiliates & partners.
You can contact us anytime regarding your privacy or any other matter.
US: +1 (347) 662-3599
AU: +61 (02) 8006 8599
UK: +44 (0)20 3287 8599